【Endorsement of METI’s GX League Basic Concept】
Dream Incubator Inc. (headquartered in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; Representative Director & COO Takayuki Miyake; “DI”) has endorsed the GX (Green Transformation) League* Basic Concept announced by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI).
With a mission to “Create Businesses and Change Societies,” DI has engaged in business production activities aimed at providing solutions for various social issues.
To achieve carbon neutrality, we believe steps to promote the transformation of business models into ones that enable growth in business value while reducing CO2 emissions as well as the review of new businesses should be taken concurrently with the decarbonization of existing businesses. Our such belief is in agreement with the objectives of the GX League, which, toward achieving carbon neutrality by 2050, strives to create a virtuous cycle of economic growth and environmental sustainability with the aim of spearheading the transformation of the overall socioeconomic system. Hence, DI has decided to endorse the Basic Concept of the GX League.
Companies participating in the GX League are requested to take 1) measures to reduce their own CO2 emissions; 2) measures to achieve carbon neutrality in the supply chain; and 3) measures to promote decarbonization in markets through products and services.
DI will contribute to the realization of carbon neutrality by 2050 by providing support to our clients to this end, drawing on our business production capabilities rooted in our strength of tackling social issues with the combination of policies, strategies, and technologies.
(Reference) Examples of initiatives DI has taken to promote carbon neutral transformation
- Promotion of initiatives aimed at accelerating energy transition in Japan (e.g., transition to the use of hydrogen, wind power, and battery storage)
- Promotion of initiatives aimed at carbon removal and utilization (forest carbon sink and carbon capture, usage and storage [CCUS])
- Promotion of initiatives to facilitate the utilization of carbon credits and establish an environment that enables the utilization of such credits in Japan and overseas
- Promotion of global decarbonization through the utilization of businesses and technologies of Japanese companies
- Launch of Sustainable BX Team with partner Dentsu Inc.
※About GX League（https://gx-league.go.jp/）
A forum of companies actively engaged in GX and others that strive to achieve GX through cooperation in the government, academic, and economic domains, for discussions regarding the transformation of the overall socioeconomic system and for taking steps to create new markets.
PDF of this press release
Dream Incubator Inc.
TEL : 81-3-5532-3200