Senior Executive Officer
Takashi Shimazaki holds a bachelor’s degree from the Department of Industrial Management of Waseda University’s Faculty of Science and Engineering and an MBA from Keio University Business School.
Prior to joining DI, he worked for Information Services International-Dentsu, Ltd.
- Takashi joined DI in the belief that there was more value for Japanese companies in “creating new businesses” than in “fixing” existing businesses through efficiency improvements and optimization, which consulting has traditionally offered.
- He has always pursued the questions of “What” (what to make into a business) and “How” (how to differentiate that business from others).
- More recently, his experiences have led him to focus more on an approach that considers the question of “Why” (why engage in that business), while concurrently taking action and formulating (reviewing) strategi
- He has co-authored Business Produce Strategies for the Creation of a ¥300 Billion Business and Business Produce : The Road to Success (PHP Institute, Inc.)
- He has advised the City of Toyota in Aichi Prefecture and has served on a number of committees and working groups in the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI).