Director ＆ COO
Kyohei (Kay) Hosono graduated from the Faculty of Letters of The University of Tokyo. He studied abroad at St. Petersburg State University in Russia, and holds a Masters of Public Administration from the University of Michigan in the United States.
Prior to joining DI, he worked for the Japan Bank for International Cooperation.
- Kyohei joined DI with the goal of “creating companies that are able to compete out in the world.”
– He felt that DI was the only place where he could do battle from the dual fronts of consulting and venture investment.
- Promoting DI’s Global Business
– While working in Vietnam, Kyohei worked as a strategic consultant, as well as managing a ¥5 billion investment fund
– He is highly knowledgeable about business in the various Asian countries.
– He also experienced to lead the turnaround of a listed Vietnamese company in which DI had invested.
- Changing the world by “incubation”
– Kyohei is currently in charge of investments across the whole of DI, and has expanded its global venture investments in Japan, the United States, and India.
– He is leveraging investment to connect the cutting-edge technology of United States and Japan with the last frontier of India.